Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 9 -- A Scrapbook Page




This is a scrapbook page I started a few days ago. I incorporated several challenges from myspace groups and scrapbook.com. When I first 'finished' it, it did not feel finished. But I did not know what to add. Then one of the DT members of one of the myspace groups posted a tutorial for dry embossing and issued a challenge to do some dry embossing on a layout. It took me a couple days to snap to it -- but eventually I realized that is what the layout needed -- a dry embossed border! LOL

I did all the dry embossing last night and took this picture this morning.

I used a stencil to make the stars in the corners and free hand doodled the confetti border. Then I sanded the raised areas and colored them with some light orange chalk. I had a blast doing this technique and in spite of all that orange, I am pleased with the way this layout turned out.

TFL

2 comments:

  1. I am in that certain myspace group and your finished page looks amazing! It really does add that certain little punch without taking away from the page!! Great job!

    I am doing the 365 on my main blog (not the scrappy one), but only posting a week at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That border came out great. It definatly finishes the page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Project 365 Blog! I appreciate and welcome your comments. :)