Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 1 -- A Favorite Snack

Popcorn has always been one of my favorite snacks. When we were kids we would cook it in a pot on top of the stove. Once in a great while we'd get a thing of Jiffy Pop -- we thought we were livin' high on the hog then! LOL One thing of Jiffy Pop never lasted long with 5 or so kids though...and we usually burned it anyway -- so cooking it in a pot was really better.

In my early 30's I tried to be more health conscious and bought an air popper. Well, I don't care how much butter I'd put on it, it never tasted right, it just got soggy. UGH! So, nowadays, it is microwave popcorn. If I could, I'd eat it every day, but I limit this treat to no more than once a week, and here lately it's more like just once or twice a month.

One of these days I'm going to have to show my boys how we used to pop corn back in the 'olden days'! LOL I'll be sure and take pix! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Project 365 Blog! I appreciate and welcome your comments. :)