Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 10 -- Wallace the Elk


While my hubs would probably love to have a real elk head over the fireplace, I would not be thrilled at the idea. However, about 20 years ago I found this guy in K-Mart or Wal-Mart and just had to buy him. Something about having a fake stuffed elk appealed to my warped sense of humor. LOL

We didn't even have a fireplace back in those days, but he still hung prominently in our living room. Despite his prominent presence in our home all these years, we had never thought to name him until....

...A couple years ago, my son and I went to the Renaissance Fair and bought that tartan scarf. When we got home, it just seemed like the elk was the natural place to hang the scarf. Oh, by the way, that is the Wallace tartan -- and that is how the stuffed elk over the fireplace finally got his name -- Wallace the Elk.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Project 365 Blog! I appreciate and welcome your comments. :)