Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 6 -- The Grocery Game



If it's Monday then I'm probably poring over my Grocery Game shopping lists and coupon inserts from the Sunday paper in preparation for my stockpile shopping on Tuesday.

Does it take a lot of time? Not as much as it did in the beginning, now it takes maybe an hour or an hour and half, but considering the tremendous savings it is definitely time well spent. As time goes by it will likely take me even less time to prepare for shopping day. This is because I've adopted a system that works for me and also because the longer I do this the more groceries and non-food products I have stockpiled and the less coupons I need to find and clip and the less actual shopping I have to do AND -- best part -- the LESS MONEY I SPEND and the MORE MONEY I SAVE!

I LOVE the Grocery Game! Maybe tomorrow after I do my shopping I will post pix of my grocery receipts. Typically, right now, I am saving between 40 to 50 % every week! One week of shopping at just one store yields more than enough savings to pay for one cycle of membership to three lists (a cycle is 8 weeks, I think).

Why do the Grocery Game? Well, I can best answer that by asking another question: Why pay full price for something I KNOW I am going to be buying down the road anyway, when I can buy it at a significant savings today? When I need it, I will have it in cupboards. What kind of savings are we talking about here, one may ask...well, for instance, we eat canned soups...this week instead of paying $2.59 for a can of name brand premium soup, I can combine a sale with coupons and get FOUR cans for $3.00!!! So, why pay $2.59 a can when I can get it for 75 cents? Want another example? Name brand shave gel, normally sells for $3.69, but I will buy it tomorrow for 95 cents!!! That is a savings of 74%!!!! I can buy a name brand lip balm for 4 -- that's FOUR -- cents at a 97% savings. There are so many more items on my lists, these are just three random items I wanted to share to give some idea why I go to the 'trouble' -- it isn't trouble at all, it is actually very thrilling and a lot of FUN!

If you are interested, go to the Grocery Game website and check it out for yourself. You can sign up for a four week trial of all the stores that have lists in your area and it will only cost you a buck plus the cost of at least one Sunday paper each week.

If you do sign up, please tell them I recommended you -- send me an email and I'll let you know what email to give them so I can get credit (free weeks! Whoo hoo!)

Seriously though, I am not even posting this in hopes of getting 'recruiting credits' I just think it is the most valuable, and instantly rewarding money-saving tool I've come across in a long, long time and I want to share my excitement and enthusiasm.

In addition, the Grocery Game is such a significant part of my life right now that it seemed like a natural P365 topic to me. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Project 365 Blog! I appreciate and welcome your comments. :)